I am on the road again, hitting three games in three days. Thursday night is a visit to Blacksburg to watch the Hurricanes play the Hokies. On Friday, it is on to Cincinnati to see the Bearcats host the Bulls of Southern Florida. Saturday, I head to Miami of Ohio to see the Red Hawks versus the Golden Flashes of Kent State in a MAC tilt. None of these teams are ranked but all have similar records to their opponents. I hope this translates to competitive games. Unfortunately, I really have only seen one good game this season when Missouri shocked South Carolina with a last minute rally. It is a lot of travel, but it will give me a chance to connect with friends and family in the mid-west.
Random Thoughts from last week:
- Congrats to both Notre Dame and FSU – that was a great game
- Way to WVU. Finally a team from the East shows up.
- The same could not be said for you, Rutgers.
- Or you, Texas A&M
- Some times it is better to be lucky rather than good, right K-State. (Not that the Power Cats aren’t a good team but that missed OU field goal was a gift)
- If OSU or MSU win out, I think they have to at least be in the playoff conversation
And lastly, a shout out to ESPN’s College Football Final for consistently providing a great wrap up of the weekend’s action. I loved Rece Davis’ shout out to Morgantown furniture stores to be ready for high demand following the Mountaineers upset of Baylor.