While last week was a great for watching football, I continued to struggle picking games. Right now, I feel like a chimp throwing darts would do better than I would when it comes to picking winners. Of course, I didn’t get a lot of help. Houston managed to blow a huge lead against Memphis to start my weekend off wrong. Air Force not only doesn’t cover but losses outright to Utah State. I have been burned twice by the Aggies this year. I am done with them. UTEP couldn’t hang with La Tech. Another bad pick on my part because the Bulldogs are traditionally tough at home. Thankfully Wyoming did not let me down, taking care of business against New Mexico State. Other random thoughts from last week.
- I like those grey Vols’ uniforms. Let’s just hope they don’t soil them against Alabama
- It was a rough day kicking in the ball. Lots of college kicker situations
- You don’t see it often even though it is the right thing to do – a Purdue DB got beat on a long pass and he immediately tackled the receiver. The 15 yard penalty was far better than giving up the touchdown.
- Welcome to the Bottom 10, Virginia Tech.
We are off to Indiana, where the Hoosiers host the Terps. Indiana hung with Michigan for about two thirds of the game. I am counting on the Hoosiers keeping it close on Saturday. I don’t expect much help from the fans; Indiana scheduled this home game despite it being fall weekend. Who does that?!? I have BYU in a pick ’em against Arkansas. I am hoping the Hogs can’t handle the altitude of Lavell Edwards Stadium. JMU keeps rolling and I am going to jump on that train. Lastly, if I was ever going to call something a lock, it is FSU only getting 3.5 points against Clemson. Other thoughts on this weekend.
- Great games this weekend: PSU at Michigan, Bama at Tennessee, and Oklahoma State at TCU. All unbeatens, for now. I will be watching my phone closely.
- Remember when Stanford vs Notre Dame was a big game? The Cardinal sure have fallen on hard times.
- Vanderbilt is getting 38 against Georgia and that’s still probably not enough.
- Nevada at Hawaii – bleh. I can’t think of a worse game to be at. Tiny stadium and two bad teams. At least New Mexico at New Mexico State is a rivalry game.
That’s all I got. Enjoy the games.