This week we are off to Hattiesburg, Mississippi to see the Miners of UTEP take on the surging Golden Eagles of Southern Mississippi. The Miners are 0-6 and it’s the Eagles homecoming. Uh-oh. This could get ugly in a hurry. At least the colors are black and gold.
Assorted thoughts on last week:
- Congrats to Iowa State for upsetting OU. But really Sooners, you have to win that game.
- Harbaugh is 1 – 4 against MSU and OSU. He’s eating away at his goodwill with those losses.
- Clemson, ‘Bama and PSU – easy as 1,2,3
- How about the Midshipmen! 5-0.
- I really thought K-State would be better. A very weak 3 – 2.
And some for this week:
- Virginia is a very quiet 4 – 1. I still don’t believe
- Beat Auburn and you go a long way to saving your job, Ed Orgeron
- On paper, it seems to be a light week, maybe Oregon vs Stanford, or maybe Navy vs Memphis. No wonder Game Day is at JMU
- Ah, maybe the Red River Shoot Out is another one to watch. Herman slowly turning the Horns around
- If you played high school football, I recommend last week’s SI article by Tim Layden, “There is something about football”. My guess is that it will resonate with you particularly if you played at a medium to small school.