Last week’s visit to Charlotte was awfully good. It wasn’t great because the game was a blowout but you can’t have everything. If the 49ers grow into a good team, UNC Charlotte will be a great college football destination. This weekend is all about recovery as I have a solid month of games coming up. That, and it’s my anniversary and I have to keep the big boss happy.
I did not see lots of games this weekend with all the traveling. I did manage to catch the Clemson Louisville game. I am almost ready to adjust my review of Clemson. They are finally showing they have some mettle. That’s not really fair as they were awfully good last year as well. Last week was also full of surprises and big endings.
- Stanford gets rolled by Washington
- PSU beats Minnesota, Indiana beats MSU, and Northwestern beats Iowa. It feels like the Big 10 is Michigan and OSU and then everybody else fighting for scraps.
- Tennessee steals one from Georgia.
- UNC made their game with VT this week relevant.
- Still among the unbeatens, WVU and Maryland
- But for me, the biggest surprise was Virginia beating Duke.
On paper, this weekend doesn’t look to be filled with marquee match ups. Of course, the beauty of college football is that great games can come from anywhere
- It’s been the kind of year where I wouldn’t be completely surprised that Clemson falls asleep on the way to Boston College and then wakes up with a loss.
- I think A&M is going to crush Tennessee. I just don’t believe in the Volunteers.
- ‘Bama at Arkansas is an intriguing game. I wouldn’t say the Tide rolls, but I would bet they get the win.
- FIU vs UTEP and UCC Carlotte vs FAU; If NCAA had relegation, these teams would be fighting for their lives.