Another season is in the books. It was a great year with 11 stadium visits, although two technically did not count. All my visits do not seem to improve my prediction skills however. In the final week, I went 2 -1 with a push. I still finished above .500 for the year, but it felt like a disappointment. Speaking of disappointment, I don’t know what happened to Wyoming this weekend but they got blown out by Fresno State. I was right about South Carolina. Shane Beamer has that team on fire right now, beating Tennessee and Clemson in consecutive weeks. USC looked great and in particular, their QB Caleb Williams. The Trojans are a fun team to watch. My big disappointment though was my bad beat when Bama score a very late and meaningless touchdown against Auburn to make that game a push. Other thoughts on last week:
- It kind of felt like Ohio State more fell apart then Michigan dominated. The Buckeye defensive approach was questionable.
- I was stoked to see the “Civil War” Oregon vs Oregon State game was on at a decent time – before nine pm. Unfortunately, when Oregon went up 31 – 10 in 3rd quarter, I pushed the game off my three screens. Imagine my surprised when I turned it back on to see Oregon State score to go up 38 – 34. Doh!
- Oklahoma vs Texas Tech was another fun game to watch. Classic Big 12 lack of defense. I don’t think the Sooners are SEC ready.
- Congrats or something to the Texas A&M Aggies upsetting LSU. It was a nice win, but was the win really worth rushing the field? That, in a nutshell, are the current low expectations at College Station.
No official picks for championship weekend, but of course, I do have some thoughts.
- UTSA as a program has been really strong lately. The should have no issue with North Texas and win Conference USA. The Roadrunner experience at the Alamodome is a good one.
- I know Utah beat USC earlier this season, but I still like the Trojans tonight.
- Everyone has TCU on upset alert and given how the Horned Frogs have squeaked out some games this year, it makes sense. I still think they win.
- I still have not been to see the Ohio Bobcats in action, it feels like this year would have been the time to do it. The ‘Cats win the MAC
- Sun Belt = Fun Belt and this game should be no exception: I will take Troy in that one
- Tulane should win the American. UCF has disappointed me a couple of times this year.
- Michigan will handle Purdue. More importantly, let me be clear that if USC and TCU win, I don’t want to hear any nonsense about putting the Buckeyes in the playoff instead of the Trojans. They knew the stakes when they played Michigan last week.
- I like Mac Brown, ergo, I like UNC over Clemson. No logic there, just a personal preference for the Tar Heels.
That’s all I got folks – enjoy the games,