California Dreaming by Tree
So after taking a week off to celebrate 24 years with the wife, I am looking forward to heading to NoCal to catch what appears to be shaping up as two very good games. Despite Stanford losing a rough one to Notre Dame this week, the Cardinal is still in it with so many teams getting upset this week. Washington State comes in with a losing record, but a smoking offense. Friday nights lights it is – absent Coach Taylor and the Dillon Panthers.
On Saturday, Washington visits California with both teams sporting only one loss. With plenty to play for, this game should be a dandy. Washington’s schedule gets decidely tougher in the following weeks so salting away a win at Cal’s homecoming would go a long way to securing a bowl bid. Cal faces a similar situation so a win this weekend is key for them as well.
Random Thoughts from this last weekend.
After a beautiful, brisk morning autumn walk with the wife and dog, I went to the kitchen to pour myself the breakfast of champions, fresh banana and all. After pouring on the milk, I look at the Wheaties box and who’s smiling mug do I see? Adrian Peterson extolling his “All Day” foundation and how it encourages at-risk youth to achieve success. So it begs the question, how many times have his kids heard that he can go “ALL DAY!”? Ouch!
Observations from this week:
Kudos to ESPN’s College Football Final for once again filling in all the holes for me this weekend. Put it on the DVR with an extended window because you never know what overtime game is going to preempt it. Then on Sunday morning, chill with a nice pumpkin spice latte while catching up on everything you have missed.
- Maybe PSU’s loss to Northwestern wasn’t as bad as it seemed after the Wildcats stole one from Wisconsin.
- Don’t kid yourself Aggies, it wasn’t even close.
- Great downfield blocking by what I am guessing was MSU’s tight end on their touchdown scoring reverse. Fantastic
- The last time there were this many upsets of top 5 teams I had a full head of hair and had just gotten married. And I say washboard abs, but my wife tells me those never existed. That’s what 24 years gets you. Brutal honesty.
- So close UMass, yet so far away…..
- How many realtors are going to call the Michigan football offices tomorrow?
- East Carolina is going to be the team nobody wants to play in a bowl game.
- Curse you USC db’s for reviving all the goofs at ESPN saying “knock it down!”
- Looking forward to seeing how Baylor does against a real team. Hopefully the Horned Frogs of TCU don’t have a let down.
- Lastly, that South Carolina Review is coming but the more they lose, the worse the review will get.