Cold and Wet – Maybe? by Tree
So the plans for this weekend are to attend the Baylor vs TCU game. I put this on my schedule early and with the season the two teams are having it looks like it will be a great game. Unfortunately, the weather forecast is for rain, lots of it, and a steadily dropping temperature. Is it really worth watching a game in the rain? I even stretched out my one son’s vacation and paid extra for his return flight just so he could make the game. Well, like my buddy Allen M. says, there’s no bad weather, just bad clothing. Time load up the rain gear and get after it.
Random thoughts for the week:
- It is been a long time since I saw such collapse like the one Iowa State had. If you don’t think big time college football coaching is stuff, think about the roller coaster ride the Cyclone offense gave to coach Paul Rhoads. Tough way to lose your job.
- The minute I give the U of H. Coogs some love, they choke.
- So when the Citadel beats South Carolina and Florida Atlantic takes division leading Florida to OT, it is time to recognize that the SEC is definitely no longer head and shoulders above ever other conference.
- If North Carolina beats Clemson, do they get to go to the playoff when Clemson beat Notre Dame? Seems like they could make the argument….
- Stanford beats Notre Dame and things will get really complicated.
- Love this weekend in college football, big games with lots on the line. And when that is not the case, there are rivalry games to watch.