Last week was a pretty good weekend. See my random thoughts below:
- PSU played better than I thought they would against Ohio State. I really didn’t think A&M would play Georgia that tough either
- The SEC cupcake schedule is embarrassing
- PAC 10 playoff hopes rest on the Utes after the Ducks choke in the desert. Oklahoma nearly did the same. Hurts is a problem.
- Michigan has fully bounced back just in time to set completely unrealistic expectations against Ohio State
- Texas is going the wrong way.
- Zips close but lose by 3 to a decent Miami team on the road. 0-11 for Akron.
- SMU loss takes some luster of off game this weekend against Tulane.
- South Alabama loses again, that top of the wall t-shirt status is in severe jeopardy.
- Hokies win with second straight shut out. They have really righted the ship.
- Speaking of righting the ship, Rice picks up second straight win.
- Glad I stayed away from La Tech vs UAB. Dawgs lose a tough one.
- Stanford disaster this year and so is Miami. They lost to FIU. Whew…
- Missouri continues to under perform. Next up Arkansas in a game no one should have to see.
- Wash State vs Oregon State must have been great, 54-53
- How about Hawaii clinching the West of the Mountain West.
3-1 in picks last week.Illinois loses but covers against Iowa. Temple covers against Cincy, but fourteen points were not enough for the Bruins in their loss to the Trojans. Tulane covers with a late comeback. I thought that game was a loss for sure.
Uh-Oh, It is Rivalry Week. It is one of the worst weeks to bet college football because while you can’t exactly throw the records out, you have to at least discount them. I would like to quit while I am ahead. With that sentiment, here are my picks this week. I like Iowa laying five at Nebraska. The Aggies have been playing better so I am hoping they can keep it close against LSU. Likewise, the Bearcats are getting nearly twelve against Memphis in a big game. And finally while I am sure there will be a lot of Army fans at Aloha Stadium, the Rainbows are going to be too much for the Black Knights.
Games I am looking forward to:
- Virginia Tech at Virginia. Can the Hokies make it 16 years in a row against the Whoos?
- Ohio State at Michigan. I am not saying Harbaugh has to win but I am not sure he will get much more leash in Ann Arbor if they lose to the Buckeyes again.
- Wisconsin at Minnesota. Pulling for the Gophers.
- Alabama at Auburn. Do us a favor Auburn, and upset Alabama in the Iron Bowl.
That’s all I got, enjoy the games.